Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 214

Thread: Total cost estimate.....

  1. #121
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Total cost estimate.....

    The Ring of Power displayed under your screen name is a symbol of the ultimate evil in Tolkien's fantasy epic. Are we to assume that you are comprable to Sauron? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

  2. #122
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Total cost estimate.....

    [ QUOTE ]
    The Ring of Power displayed under your screen name is a symbol of the ultimate evil in Tolkien's fantasy epic. Are we to assume that you are comprable to Sauron? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I've met her. Sauron wishes he was as evil as she is. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #123
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Total cost estimate.....

    Actually if you had read the books, the ring didn't symbolize evil, it symbolized control and power, which in the wrong hands can be evil. it was what sauron created and in order for Frodo to fulfill his purpose in Tolkiens Christian allegory, then the ring had to exist.

    It's the whole thing about hypocrites that you were talking about earlier...what goes around comes back around.
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  4. #124
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Total cost estimate.....

    hehe thanks Bob, you're offically off the "off" list [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  5. #125
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Total cost estimate.....

    [ QUOTE ]
    hehe thanks Bob, you're offically off the "off" list [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Off list?

    I could make so many responses to that. But for once I shall take the high road... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #126
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Total cost estimate.....

    The ring itself is evil. The fact that two of the most powerful "good side" characters, Gandalf and Galadriel could not take up the ring without succumbing to its evil proves this. But once again, fantasy epics or fantasy goddesses is certainly not the issue here.
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

  7. #127
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Total cost estimate.....

    LOL, I just caught that, I didn't want the feds to come after me for calling it a hit instead of off list lol
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  8. #128
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Total cost estimate.....

    Must have missed that whole allegory definition in English class huh?
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  9. #129
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Total cost estimate.....

    [ QUOTE ]
    LOL, I just caught that, I didn't want the feds to come after me for calling it a hit instead of off list lol

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I wasn't thinking in those terms, but...

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #130
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Total cost estimate.....

    [ QUOTE ]
    Must have missed that whole allegory definition in English class huh?


    [/ QUOTE ]

    Give her a break, she did go to Pound. anim peep
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •